Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Montagne Sainte Victoire, The picts.

Yes I realize I have omitted to post the pictures of our second day of climbing in the great southern France! How could I? My favorite kind of climb: SLAB! Only only slick limestone! I can only see Calvin's mouth watering. So it was back in mid April in the great site of Montagne Sainte Victoire, one of the great artist Cezanne's favorite spot. A white limestone mountain in the vicinity of Aix en Provence, a true natural canvas for the changing lights of the day.
I'll let the picts talk for themselves. Check out the little one with her red helmet

(Candice my great niece....yeah I said "great" and not just because she is a cool kid!!!!!). This was the day for a monster whipper for me. Hummm 20 footer on slab right after this stance if i well remember.... noo these feet are NOT good!

Enjoy my bro's picts.:
And mine.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I can remember when dear little Candice was born, and here she is, holding her own on the climbs. Kudos, little French girl.