Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The coming weekend - 24HHH (24 hour comp in Arkansas)

It occurred to me that I've not posted any pics recently - this is mostly b/c my camera is kinda smashed. When I get some cash, I'll repair it.

But, to whet the appetite, Tony and I (Saucisson #'s 2 and 3) are headed to Horsehoe Canyon Ranch in Arkansas to participate in the 24 hour comp. Check it out at www.24hoursofhorseshoe.com.

This is the 3rd year of the event, with sponsorship from Patagonia and many other companies, and 200 participants so I'm excited. My friend Jared has described this as one of the most rewarding experiences of his life, so I'm eager to see what it's all about. Tony and I have been doing a little 'strategery' to make sure we do as well as possible, but my real goal is just to finish and do at least 1 climb per hour for all 24 hours of the comp. We'll let the results take care of themselves.

Soph (#1) is participating in the photo comp - she's been taking pics with a new SLR and hopefully she'll do great. She's got a good eye - I'm sure it helps that she has an artistic background too. :)

The next post should have lots of pics... courtesy of Soph.

No comments: